In His Presence

"You have made known to me the paths of life; you fill me with joy in your presence." Acts 2:28 I have decided to start a blog because I have been finding so many other blogs so inspiring over the last few days. Hopefully, this one will be inspiring to you!

Monday, September 14, 2009

So this post is meant to make you laugh. . .

So here in British Columbia, Sasha and I are beginning to feel at home - now only if my books were on bookshelves, wouldn't that be nice? We'll have to see if they find my HUGE bookshelf and quilt rack within the next couple days or I will be on my way to buy another bookshelf for the time being! Anyway, that's enough about bookshelves.

Well, I can;t help but to write about Sasha tonight. I am so thankful for my airedale. What a sweetie. Well, she is four months old now - I have had her for about 2.5 months and boy, hasn't it been fun! However, she tends to have a bit of an attitude anytime I talk to my mother on the phone - she'll start barking, nipping at my toes, the list goes on...I think she can sense that my mother doesn't like dogs already! Ha ha - poor Sasha and poor Mom in mid-October when I make my way to Newfoundland with BIG Sasha by then in tow. I think that will be an interesting experience. My house - completely puppy proof, my mother's house - not so much... good bye to all of your quilts mom! and your wool, and each magazine that lies underneath the counter, and that hat on that bag storage container - don't mean to disappoint you, but it will probably be in pieces by the time she's done.

Nah.... she's not really that bad, but she's an airedale and thus, a comedian meaning whatever she can get her mouth around expect to be teased with it and if you think you can stop her, believe me she knows how to push your buttons. And you'll know what she's trying to do because she just gives you those eyes.

Now, talk about eyes - the puppy dog look, she knows how to put that face on quite well. " But I don't want to go in my kennel?" and then you leave and you feel bad about putting her in a kennel for a couple of hours.

Now she's quite spoiled, I admit. My house looks like a kids house with all of the puppy toys that are all over the floor - well, it's not that bad. But she's also spoiled because almost everyday she gets two walks - one fast past and no exploring, and the other a walk just for her exploring needs. She loves walking by the river here... and every sandy patch that she can find - she plays and roles in it. She is just so cute.

Well, when I got Sasha - she was about 8 pounds maybe, well she's a solid 25 pounds now for sure. And carrying her around is getting funnier each day. We have a morning routine though...

Sasha is on the bed - "Sasha sit" She sits and then I put one paw on one shoulder, and the other paw on the other shoulder, she rest her head on my shoulder, and then she wraps her two hind legs around my waist... now that tells you how big she's getting. Anyway, she cuddles in until I find her leash and we go outdoors. I know, I could let her walk but I don't trust her peeing habits first thing in the morning yet. Maybe by next week I'll trust her.

Anyway, I am so glad that I have my puppy. I really cannot imagine what life here would be without her. She's a real joy and puppies definitely teach you a lot about yourself. Well, I must go - she's waiting for me at the top of the stairs... that's her new thing!

Blessings,
Rebecca

2 Comments:

  • At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so looking forward to your visit in October. Not quite so sure about SASHA however. My hat stays where it is. I won't quilt while you're home. If she really misbehaves I guess that I will have to give her that teacher look or point that teacher finger at her. We'll see.I'll have a few toys for her when she gets home and maybe I will spoil her just a little.
    Mom

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How are you & Sasha getting on?

    Former Officer, UKT.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home