In His Presence

"You have made known to me the paths of life; you fill me with joy in your presence." Acts 2:28 I have decided to start a blog because I have been finding so many other blogs so inspiring over the last few days. Hopefully, this one will be inspiring to you!

Wednesday, April 08, 2009








Great is Thy Faithfulness!
A Note of Praise and Thanksgiving to GOD!
"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
his love endures forever." - Psalm 118: 1
Four days ago, my Dad started month number 4 of being back to work as a Long Haul truck driver. My response to that is one of thanksgiving and praise to God!
You see, in July of this year (2008), as my dad was driving through Louisiana when his foot began to hurt. Within eight hours the pain was unbearable so he pulled over at a truck stop. Hours later, my mom and dad decided to go to Emergency. Little did my dad know that the next eight weeks he would be in hospital.
That night they hospitalized my dad. He had a severe foot infection. Within two days he was needing emergency surgery, and then two days after that another surgery, but the infection did not cease to stop. My dad was getting sicker and sicker, and during the second surgery, my dad was very close to saying good bye to life.
A few days after this surgery, things started looking hopeful again so they medivacked him from Louisiana, USA to St. John's, Newfoundland where a bed was waiting for him. But shortly after the trip, my dad began getting very sick again. We were still hopeful that he would keep his leg but the infection was spreading and my dad was getting sicker so a doctor came in and said they had no other choice but to do another emergency surgery - this time an amputation of his lower leg from just below the knee.
The surgery was done and the leg amputated and my dad in the next few days slowing began to get well again. Praise God!
During this time my dad was visited by the Corps Sergeant Major of my home corps. He asked my dad how his soul was and after asking the question, God through the CSM led my dad back to Him - into a relationship with Him. Praise God! This, for me, lifted the whole burden of the surgery and the wondering about work for my dad, completely from me because I knew it was all in God's hands.
After the leg was amputated my dad spent the next seven weeks in hospital in St. John's and then the next 3.5 months driving back and forth to St. John's for treatments and fitting of a new leg. It was during this time that we prayed hard for my dad and prayed hard that he would get back to work doing what he loves best - long haul truck driving.
I must tell you - I did not know how he would be able to drive a truck again. I wondered if he would be able to use the clutch again since this was his amputated leg. I wondered how he would use a handicapped washroom. I wondered how he would ever be able to climb back into that truck again. However, my wonderings and what I think is impossible, is possible with God and on January 1st my dad left to go long haul truck driving again.
Although, I was somewhat concerned for him - seven weeks into his return to work, I received a phone call from him. He was at the Flying J on the perimeter of Winnipeg so I went to visit him. The love of God was evident on my dad's face and in his walking, I saw God's faithfulness and grace.
I was amazed at my dad's progress. He met me at the door and there he was refusing to use a cane, walking pretty well. Then we headed to his truck and I watched my dad climb into the truck easier than I could. Today, as you look at the pictures you would never know by looking what he went through from July to January. You would never know because God's grace transformed my dad's life and I praise Him for that tonight. I praise Him for He is love, compassion, and grace! Thank you so much God!!!! Thank you for Great is Thy Faithfulness. Since returning to work because of our Great God, my dad has driven to California, Texas, and all throughout the eastern seaboard - what a miracle! It's because of God's faithfulness that He is doing what he loves best! and it is because of God's faithfulness that my dad gave his life to God.
Thanks God!
Rebecca


3 Comments:

  • At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rebecca
    Thank God for the prayers of the people at home during your Dad's illness. Prayers and God's faithfulness , that's what saved his life and his soul. Thank you God. God is good!
    Mom

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    looking good in these pictures guys. Wish I were there with you.
    Yes Rebecca your father is very lucky to still be alive; as are we that he is.
    MOM

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God is good! I like what Jesus says in Luke 18:27 and refer to it often for encouragement: "What seems impossible with men is possible with God." How great is our God!

    Sandra

     

Post a Comment

<< Home