In His Presence

"You have made known to me the paths of life; you fill me with joy in your presence." Acts 2:28 I have decided to start a blog because I have been finding so many other blogs so inspiring over the last few days. Hopefully, this one will be inspiring to you!

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Just a Thought:-) Maybe some thoughts . . .

Well, I'm not so sure why I am still up. I am usually always in bed and probably fast asleep by 10:30 but tonight, I have a sudden burst of energy so I think I'll wait up for a while. Secondly, if I were to be honest - I have a dryer full of dress pants and I really do not want to have to iron them so I will wait up for the dryer to stop.

Well, I have been reading a book called Falling in Love with Jesus. When I worked in Kippewa All Girls Camp in Maine during the summer of 2002, one of my Christian friends was reading this book. We talked about it many times, discussed as we had devotions occasionally in the Upper Room - what memories. (It was a secular camp!) Anyway, after I left Maine that summer I bought the book and read it throughout that semester of university. It was a wonderful book when I read it then.

However, feeling led to read this book a few days ago, I picked it up again and it is absolutely way more amazing than when I read it the first time. It truly talks about showing an immense love for Jesus and having that sense of abandonment. What does it mean to truly worship our Lord? Reading the book now, 7 years later, I totally see it from a different perspective and I see it through new eyes.

Since reading it 7 years ago, I am in a completely different place in my life than what I was then so reading it brings new insights and makes me embrace the words in a different way. Since reading this book the first time - I have embraced healing and forgiveness, I have learned what it really means to make Jesus the center of your life, I have had profound life experiences - many different life experiences and each of these elements through God and his gift of grace has changed me as a person and has changed my perspective on many things. So as I read the words and as I let them generate many thoughts, I pray that God will continue to speak. WOW! God is so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home