In His Presence

"You have made known to me the paths of life; you fill me with joy in your presence." Acts 2:28 I have decided to start a blog because I have been finding so many other blogs so inspiring over the last few days. Hopefully, this one will be inspiring to you!

Friday, February 20, 2009
















LIFE ENRICHMENT RETREAT










In our second year of Training College we go away as a session for a Life Enrichment Retreat at a resort here in Manitoba. This year the retreat was held from February 13th - 15th - last weekend. What a blessing! Truly, something I needed!





It was wonderful to spend time with God this weekend and spend time with my sessionmates. It was great to keep building bonds and connections with each of them. It was even more fun to try and figure out where we are all going. Lunch and dinner discussions always circled around educated guesses where we each are going. I think I have them all nailed down - not really. However, my guesses would be lovely places where God could use my sessionmates. However, we can all joke and say we are going to have a Mega Church together. On the way back in the van we assigned everyone to a role within the church. Very fun! Anyway, let's digress here. 62 sleeps and we will find out for real where we will be going!










So to the most important part. God really met me where I was at this weekend. And this whole week has been very enriching as I look back on this past weekend and reflect on what God spoke into my life last weekend. God has really spoke to me about the concept of honesty - being vulnerable, authentic and real. Don't get me wrong - I am an honest person but I can be better at if I am having a horrible day I am allowed to be vulnerable and say that when people ask me how I am doing. It is ok to be real with your people. But I guess this honesty thing really goes deeper than - I learned that I needed to be honest with how my identity was formed through God spiritually. It is ok to admit things that once felt shameful! And the matter is, once you are honest with yourself - you are released and free. WOW!! This weekend God's Spirit really touched my life and God revealed parts of me (my life) that I needed to be honest about. What a blessing!










I appreciated this weekend a whole lot! It was wonderful!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks as if you have a wonderful time. Love the snow pictures
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home